Sunday, May 04, 2008

May 4th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
We have no mission but to serve in full obedience to our Lord; to care for all, without reserve, and spread his liberating word. ("The Church of Christ, in Every Age" - Text:Fred Pratt Green, 1903-2000)

Readings of the Day
Acts 16.1-15-The Lord opened her heart to listen eagerly to what was said by Paul.
Judges 2-3-But when the Israelites cried out to the LORD, the LORD raised up for them a deliverer...
Job 34-If he should take back his spirit to himself, and gather to himself his breath, all flesh would perish together and all mortals return to dust.
John 17.1-11-And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. I glorified you on earth by finishing the work that you gave me to do. So now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world existed.

God's Word of the Day
Don't you dare turn away from Me. Cry out to Me in your need. Turn to me and receive the breath of life. For I breathed life into you. The Breath of Life at creation. Glorify Me, live your life in Me and proclaim My Word to all I give to you.

Psalm of the Day
Sometimes I really foul things up and think I can defeat the enemies on my own.
I turn from You and depend on my own strength to win the battle.
I run to other gods and worship them.
I doesn't and will never work out this way.
Forgive me Lord for what I have done.
I turn to You and cry out for help.
You rescue me and save me.

Sometimes I think I can take back that Breath of Life You breathed into me.
I think I can breathe on my own.
How misguided I get when I look to save myself.
It doesn't and will never work out this way.
Forgive me Lord for what I have done.
I turn to You and cry out for help.
You rescue me and save me.

Open my heart and pour into it Your Love.
Pour into my heart Your compassion and understanding.
Fill my very core with Your teachings that I may live them.
Send me filled and overflowing into Your Kingdom each day.
Call me into action for You each day.
Let Your Love, compassion, joy and service flow through me.
Make my life glorify You each and every day.

Grant me that eternal life where I know You.
I want to know You Lord, Creator and Redeemer.
Allow me to understand the work You have for me to do.
Permit me to finish the work You have appointed to me.
May Your Breath of Life be in me always.
Breathing Life into this world and bringing Life daily.
You rescue and save! Alleluia!

Prayer of the Day
Breath of Life from creation, stay in me now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: