Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May 20th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
All glory be to God on high, who has the world befriended; to us no harm shall now come nigh, the strife at last is ended. God shows goodwill to one and all, and peace when troubled sinners call. Thank God for grace and mercy! ("All Glory Be to God on High" - Text: Nikolaus Decius, 1485-1550; tr. composite)

Readings of the Day
Acts 26.19-32-You are out of your mind, Paul!
1 Samuel 1.1-2.11-How long will you make a drunken spectacle of yourself? Put away your wine.
Psalm 49-For the ransom of life is costly...
Job 39.13-25-The ostrich's wings flap wildly...

God's Word of the Day
I have claimed you as my own. I show goodwill and friendship to you. I free you to act crazy and silly in My Love. Now go and make a spectacle of yourself in My Name.

Psalm of the Day
Your joy makes me so happy!
I go out in Your Love and make a fool of myself.
I proclaim all You have done and look like a drunk.
It's so fun to tell the story.
It's such a blast to learn and discover Your glory.
I jump out and flap my wings.
Sometimes I fall flat.
But because of what You have done, I laugh it off and get back up.
I know that You have forgiven my sin.
So, I'm free to go at it again and again.
Your joy makes me so happy!
I go out in Your Love and make a fool of myself.
Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Thank You, Lord for the freedom You have graciously granted me. I go out this day to proclaim Your story to those You give to me. ---Amen

No comments: