Wednesday, May 07, 2008

May 7th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Loving Spirit, loving Spirit, you have chosen me to be--- you have drawn me to your wonder, you have set your sign on me. ("Loving Spirit" - Text: Shirley Erena Murray, b. 1931)

Readings of the Day
Acts 17.16-34-...so that they would search for God and perhaps grope for him and find him---though indeed he is not far from each one of us. For "In him we live and move and have our being"...
Judges 7-8-Get up; for the LORD has given the army of Midian into your hands.
Job 37-Can you, like him, spread out the skies, hard as a molten mirror?
John 3.31-36-Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever disobeys the Son will not see life, but must endure God's wrath.

God's Word of the Day
I have chosen and gifted you, so that you would live and move and have your being in me. I take action out of love. Believe, get up, move and take action in My Name.

Psalm of the Day
You have called me to action.
You have selected me out of the multitude.
You have gifted me with trumpet and torch.
I go boldly this day to make some noise for You.
I go confidently this day following the Light of that torch.
I go into battle with You by my side.
I go following Your lead and Your example.
For I know that the battle is won.
I know that You have already done what is needed.
I know of Your power through creation.
I know you Your might in all You do.
You have called me to action.
I believe, trust, and place my life in You.
I go for You.
I go with You.
I go...

Prayer of the Day
All You have blessed me with makes me ready to go with You this day into Your Kingdom. I go with You... ---Amen

No comments: