Friday, May 16, 2008

May 16th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Holy Spirit, come to us. Holy Spirit, come to us. ("Holy Spirit, Come to Us" - Text: Pentecost sequence; Taize Community)

Readings of the Day
Acts 23.23-24.9-We have, in fact, found this man a pestilent fellow, an agitator among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.
Judges 20-And the Israelites inquired of the LORD (for the ark of the covenant of God was there in those days, and Phinehas son of Eleazar, son of Aaron, ministered before it in those days), saying, "Shall we go out once more to battle against our kinsfolk the Benjaminites, or shall we desist?" The LORD answered, "Go up, tomorrow I will give them into your hand."
Psalm 45-In your majesty ride on victoriously for the cause of truth and to defend the right...

God's Word of the Day
My Holy Spirit is with you. My Spirit is with you in the battle for what is right and true. Now go and be My ringleader. Go and defend My Truth.

Psalm of the Day
You send Your Spirit to me every day.
Then You fill me with Truth.
You teach me Your way.
You show me how to follow Your lead.
You give me courage and strength.
You make me bold in Your Word.
You cause me to be an agitator of evil.
Then You send me out to battle.
You send me into this world.
Filled with Your Spirit; I go.
I go by Your side.
I go knowing the battle is won by You already.
I go and fight for and with You.
I go into the battle...

Prayer of the Day
Lord, you give me all I ever need to go into the battle. I go, sent today, trusting in You. ---Amen

No comments: