Tuesday, May 13, 2008

May 13th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Like the murmur of the dove's song, like the challenge of her flight, like the vigor of the wind's rush, like the new flame's eager might: come, Holy Spirit, come. ("Like the Murmur of the Dove's Song" - Text: Carl P. Daw Jr., b. 1944)

Readings of the Day
Acts 21.1-36-They knelt down on the beach and prayed and said farewell to one another.
Judges 16-You have mocked me three times now and have not told me what makes your strength so great.
Psalm 42-Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God.
Ezekiel 39.7-8, 21-29-I will leave none of them behind; and I will never again hide my face from them, when I pour out my spirit upon the house of Israel, says the Lord GOD.

God's Word of the Day
I have shown My face to you. I have poured out My Spirit upon you. Place all hope in Me. My strength will sustain you.

Psalm of the Day
I have received Your Spirit.
It dwells in me.
Let Your Spirit flow through me this day.
Let Your Face shine in me this day.
May all who see, see Your reflection.

I place all my hope in You.
You are my God and my strength.
Through You I have my being.
Through You I live each day.
May all who see, see Your reflection.

We gather in prayer to praise You.
We gather in prayer to seek Your help.
We gather in prayer to love each other.
We gather in prayer to unite with You.
May all who see, see Your reflection.

Hear the song of praise we sing to You.
Let the wind of Your Spirit give us flight.
May Your flame ignite an active passion within.
Send us out in Your strength and might.
May all who see, see Your reflection.

I have received Your Spirit.
I place all my hope in You.
We gather in prayer to praise You.
Hear the song of praise we sing to You.
May all who see, see Your reflection.

Prayer of the Day
Holy Spirit, descend on me this day. Fill me in hope and strengthen me in compassion and love to go out into Your Kingdom and serve You this day. ---Amen

No comments: