Saturday, May 03, 2008

May 3rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Blest are they who show mercy; mercy shall be theirs. Blest are they, the pure of heart; they shall see god. Rejoice and be glad! Blessed are you, holy are you! Rejoice and be glad! Yours is the kingdom of God! ("Blest Are They" - Text: David Haas, b. 1957)

Readings of the Day
Acts 15.22-41-After they had been there for some time, they were sent off in peace by the believers to those who had sent them.
Judges 1-Who shall go up first for us against the Canaanites, to fight against them?
Job 33-He redeemed my soul from going down to the Pit, and my life shall see the light.
Psalm 93-The LORD is king, he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed, he is girded with strength.

God's Word of the Day
I AM the King that has shown you mercy. Be pure in heart and receive My blessing. Rejoice and be glad. It is through my strength and power that you are saved. I have gone up to fight for you. Rejoice and be glad!

Psalm of the Day
How happy You make me, my King!
For you stepped forward first, to save me from the enemy.
You leaped into battle and saved me from myself.
You fought the fight against sin, death and the devil.
Create in me that pure heart that You desire.
Teach me Your mercy that I may act likewise.
Let me step forward and fight the fight with You now.
Send me into Your Kingdom as one of Your warriors.
Send me that I may display Your love, compassion, mercy and power.
Along the way show my Your Light.
Let me glimpse Your glory in the battle.
Let me witness Your compassion and love.
Let me tell of how You fought for me and won.
How happy You make me, my King!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, thanks for the battle. Thanks for the fight. Thanks for Your presence in all my life. Thanks for being my King! ---Amen

No comments: