Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 27th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Engines and steel! Loud pounding hammers! Sing to the Lord a new song! Limestone and beams! Loud building workers! Sing to the Lord a new song! God has done marvelous things. I too sing praises with a new song! ("Earth and All Stars" - Text: Herbert F. Brokering, b. 1926)

Readings of the Day
Romans 2.1-3.8-Do you not realize that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
1 Samuel 10.17-11.15-...and the LORD said, "See, he has hidden himself among the baggage."
Psalm 56-...in God I trust; I am not afraid.
1 Kings 17.1-16-The jar of meal was not emptied, neither did the jar of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD he spoke by Elijah.

God's Word of the Day
I will use you in your occupation. I have blessed you with skills that I want you to use to My honor and glory. Sing praises to Me through use of all I have given you. Sing praises to Me in your very being.

Psalm of the Day
How I joy to walk with You in Your Kingdom each day.
I repent and find joy in Your kindness.
I hide among the baggage, but you seek me out.
You call me and gift me and send me.
You go with me and play with me.
You follow me to work.
You lead me and teach me skills I never knew I had.
I place all my trust and hope in Your daily bread.
Your jar of meal and oil never fail.
Then, together with You we create a song.
Sing a song of Life to God!
We pound out a new product of joy and praise.
You are creator and redeemer.
You are spirit and worker.
I am hands and created.
Together we sing the song of life.
How I joy to walk with You in Your Kingdom each day.

Prayer of the Day
In joy I go with You this day into Your Kingdom. May we create a glorious song together. ---Amen











No comments: