Friday, May 02, 2008

May 2nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O wounded hands of Jesus, build in us your new creation; our pride is dust, our vaunt is stilled; we wait your revelation. O Love that triumphs over loss, we bring our hearts before your cross; come, finish your salvation. ("Lord Christ, When First You came to Earth" - Text: W. Russell Bowie, 1882-1969, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 15.1-21-On the contrary, we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will.
Judges 23-24-Be very careful, therefore, to love the LORD your God.
Job 32-I must speak, so that I may find relief; I must open my lips and answer.
Ephesians 2.1-7-But God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which he loved us even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ---by grace you have been saved---and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

God's Word of the Day
My wounded hands, My suffering, My life, death and resurrection; I have done it all for you through grace. Believe and love the Lord. Now go free and open your lips and tell the story of how I am with you in life; now and forever.

Psalm of the Day
By grace I have been saved.
It's not about me...
It's all about You.
I see the action You have taken.
I give You all thanks and glory.
My humble praises fall so short.
Please, Lord, receive them from my thankful heart.
Receive my thanks and praise as an offering.
Take my life as the only gift I have.
Use me and free me.
Open my lips to sing the wonders of Your glory.
Let me speak boldly how active You are in me.
Speak confidently how gracious You have been in my life.
For the journey with You is awesome.
The views are astounding.
The walk is tough, yet the reward is everlasting.
You are my God, my Savior, my Teacher, my Guide, my Friend.
By grace I have been saved.
It's not about me.
It's all about You...

Prayer of the Day
Walk with me today, my Friend. Walk with me... ---Amen

No comments: