Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 18th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
To thee, great One in Three, eternal praises be hence evermore! Thy sovereign majesty may we in glory see, and to eternity love and adore. ("Come, Thou Almighty King" - Text: source unknown, c. 1757, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 25-You have appealed to the emperor; to the emperor you will go.
Ruth 1-2-Where you go, I will go; where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God.
Psalm 47-Sing praise to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.
Matthew 28.16-20-Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you.

God's Word of the Day
I AM One. I AM Three. I AM and will always be. Sing praises, give love and adore, into eternity.

Psalm of the Day
Your mystery is beyond what I can understand.
However, I know that You are the great I AM.
I come to take it all in faith.
Faith that You lovingly give to me.
I come to take it all in trust.
A trust You never break.
Your mystery is wonderful to think about.
I love to ponder Your majestic greatness.
I love to think of eternity with You.
I want to lodge where You lodge.
I want to go where You go.
I want to teach what You teach.
I want to Go --- for and with You.
Making disciples all over.
Baptizing in that great mystery.
Your mystery is beyond what I can understand.

Prayer of the Day
I may not get all of it. But I do know of Your presence --- Father, Son, Spirit ---be with and in me this day. Send me out to make disciples. Send me today---Father, Son, Spirit ---Amen

No comments: