Saturday, May 31, 2008

May 31st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Mothering God, you gave me birth in the bright morning of this world. Creator, source of every breath, you are my rain, my wind, my sun. ("Mothering God, You Gave Me Birth" - Text: Jean Janzen, b. 1933; based on Julean of Norwich, c. 1342- c. 1413)

Readings of the Day
Romans 6-Therefore we have been buried with him by baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.
1 Samuel 15-I will not return with you; for you have rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD has rejected you from being king over Israel.
Psalm 60-With God we shall do valiantly; it is he who will tread down our foes.
Luke 1.39-57-...he has filled the hungry with good things, and sent the rich away empty.

God's Word of the Day
I have blessed you and provided plenty. Now feel free to give all My blessings to the hungry and depart empty, for you have been buried with Christ in His death so that you may walk in newness of life.

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You have blessed me with life.
You give me my every breath.
Breathe Your source of Life into my soul.
Rain upon me that baptismal water day by day.
Nourish my soul with the Bread and Wine of Life.
Prepare me to give all blessing away to the hungry.
Send me out full of Your Grace.
Permit me to die for the hungry and give all You have provided.
Allow me in death to give Your Life.
What a privilege it is to depart from the hungry empty.
An honor to know that day by day, You will fill me again and again.


Prayer of the Day
Lord when I'm the hungry one, You have fed me. When I'm the rich one, you permit me to give it all away to the hungry. I know that You provide all I need. You freely give sun, rain, and wind. You nourish me with Your Word and Your Spirit. You are the Creator of all good. Send me this day full of blessing that I may graciously give it all away to the hungry and depart empty. To depart empty to Your glory and honor. May I depart empty this day in the knowledge that You alone will fill me again and again. ---Amen

No comments: