Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 14th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Come, gracious Spirit, heavenly dove, with light and comfort from above. Come, be our guardian and our guide; over every thought and step preside. ("Come, Gracious spirit, Heavenly Dove" - Text: Simon Browne, 1680-1732, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 21.37-22.29-...being zealous for God...
Judges 17-18-Go, explore the land.
Psalm 43-O send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling.
Luke 6.12-16-Now during those days he went out to the mountain to pray; and he spent the night in prayer to God. And when day come, he called his disciples...

God's Word of the Day
I preside over your every thought and step. Be zealous for Me. Explore the land. I will lead you in light and truth and call you.

Psalm of the Day
I am so zealous for You, Spirit.
You lead me in light and truth.
You teach me the way to go.
You call me through prayer and send me out.
Be over my every step and every thought.
Come, heavenly dove, Holy Spirit, with me into Your Kingdom.
I am so zealous for You, Spirit.

Prayer of the Day
You give me so much to be excited about. You fill me with Your Spirit and call me by name and send me out. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: