Friday, May 09, 2008

May 9th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O Holy Spirit, root of life, creator, cleanser of all things: anoint our wounds, awaken us with lustrous movement of your wings. ("O Holy Spirit, Root of Life" - Text: Jean Janzen, b. 1933; based on Hildegard of Bingen, 1098-1179)

Readings of the Day
Acts 19.1-20-So the word of the Lord grew mightily and prevailed.
Judges 10.1-11.33-Then the spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah...
Job 39-Do you give the horse its might?
Romans 8.14-17-For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

God's Word of the Day
I AM Creator, Cleanser, Mighty Warrior. I give the might and power. I send the Spirit upon you. Now go in my name. Go boldly and proudly as My child into My Kingdom this day.

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You give the power and strength to battle in this life.
You send Your Spirit upon me and call me Your child.
You give me the might to stand proud in the battle.
You have won the battle before the battle has begun.

Let Your Spirit guide me this day.
Guide me as I walk this life in Your Kingdom.
Show me how to love and have compassion.
You have won the battle before the battle has begun.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as I walk out into Your Kingdom this day, call me, bless me, lead me, guide me, give me the words to say and the actions to take. All to Your glory...today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: