Monday, May 05, 2008

May 5th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Come, holy Fire, comfort true, grant us the will your work to do and in your service to abide; let trials turn us not aside. Lord, by your power prepare each heart and to our weakness strength impart, that bravely here we may contend, through life and death to you, our Lord, ascend. Alleluia! Alleluia! ("Come, Holy Ghost, God and Lord" - Text: German hymn, 15th cent.)

Readings of the Day
Acts 16.16-40-Then he brought them outside and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They answered, "Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."
Judges 4-5-The mountains quaked before the LORD, the One of Sinai, before the LORD, the God of Israel.
Job 35-Your wickedness affects others like you, and your righteousness, other human beings.
Leviticus 9.1-11, 22-24-Fire came out from the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat on the altar; and when all the people saw it, they shouted and fell on their faces.

God's Word of the Day
Repent and believe in Me. The mountains quake in My presence, in holy fear. My Fire has consumed your sin offering. Now I call you and send you out. Go, heart prepared, strengthened by the Spirit. Do the work I have prepared for you.

Psalm of the Day
Let Your Fire engulf my sin offering this day.
Hear my prayer of repentance.
My sin goes beyond myself, spreading destruction.
But Your Fire consumes my offering.
Stopping the spread and filling my heart.
You fill my heart and call me and send me.
Even through my sin, You choose to use me.
I quake beside the mountains in Your holy presence.
I see the glory You send from above.
This Fire and Spirit.
This call to action.
I believe!
I go, filled and strengthened.
My sin is left behind in the ashes.
I go, bold and strong in You.

Prayer of the Day
You have done it all! Use me this day. Fill me with Your ways and send me out. ---Amen

No comments: