Sunday, May 11, 2008

May 11th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Keep ups fervent in our witness, unswayed by earth's allure. Ever grant us zealous fitness, which you alone assure. Come, come, come, Holy Spirit, come. Come, come, come, Holy Spirit, come. ("Gracious Spirit, Heed Our Pleading" -Text: Wilson Niwagila; tr. Howard S. Olson, b. 1922)

Readings of the Day
Acts 20.1-16-...he was eager to be in Jerusalem, if possible, on the day of Pentecost.
Judges 13-The boy grew, and the LORD blessed him.
Job 41-"Can you draw out Leviathan with a fishhook, or press down its tongue with a cord?
Acts 2.1-21-When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place.

God's Word of the Day
I have come to you in Spirit. I have come to you in flesh. Now go and witness. Witness in zeal and fervor. I have given you powers greater than the sea monster or beast. I have come to you in Spirit. Now go witness!

Psalm of the Day
Coming Spirit, You are powerful and mighty.
Coming Spirit, You fill Your Church with Your mystery.
Coming Spirit, Your Fire ignites a passion deep within.
Coming Spirit, Your Flame grows greater in time.
Coming Spirit, You send us with a zeal.
Coming Spirit, You make me appear drunk.
Coming Spirit, You cause joy to overflow.
Coming Spirit, You fill me with passion and love.
Coming Spirit, You waken me from sleep.
Coming Spirit, You open my eyes to Love.
Coming Spirit, I go to witness Your power.
Coming Spirit, You save all Your people.
Coming Spirit, I'm eager for Your presence.
Coming Spirit, I'm on fire with You.

Present Spirit, send me this day.
Present Spirit...I witness today.

Prayer of the Day
Eternal God, thank You for sending Your Spirit on Your church. Thank You for filling me with Your Spirit. Thank You eternally! ---Amen

No comments: