Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 24th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Holy Father, holy Son, Holy Spirit, three we name you, though in essence only one; undivided God we claim you and, adoring, bend the knee while we own the mystery. ("Holy God, We Praise Your Name" - Text: source unknown; tr. Clarence A. Walworth, 1820-1900)

Readings of the Day
Acts 28.16-31-He lived there two whole years at his own expense and welcomed all who came to him, proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance.
Samuel 6-7-Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Heshanah, and named it Ebenezer; for he said, "Thus far the LORD has helped us."
Psalm 53-When God restores the fortunes of his people, Jacob will rejoice; Israel will be glad.
Psalm 131-O Israel, hope in the LORD from this time on and forevermore.

God's Word of the Day
I AM that Stone of Help. I AM your hope. Teach and boldly proclaim to all the world the grace I freely give. Come and rejoice and be glad in Me.

Psalm of the Day
You alone are my Stone of Help.
You are my Solid Rock.
I exist only by Your grace.
I live through what You have done.
Jesus, my joy and salvation.
Spirit, my Teacher and Guide.
Father, creator of all.
Boldly I will proclaim Your glory.
Assertively I teach Your way.
I run to You and You come to me.
I rejoice and am glad for the relationship.
Grant me relationship with those You give to me today.
Enable me to love as You would love.
Show me how to have compassion as You have compassion.
Use me to reflect Your grace this day.

Prayer of the Day
Triune God, I give You thanks for revealing to me peeks of Your mystery and power. I give You thanks for showing me the grace of salvation. Fill me and send me this day, overflowing in Your Love. Use me to boldly teach and proclaim to all what You have done. ---Amen



No comments: