Sunday, May 25, 2008

May 25th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Father most holy, merciful, and tender; Jesus, our Savior, with the Father reigning; Spirit of comfort, advocate, defender, light never waning. ("Father Most Holy" - Text: Latin hymn, 10th cent.; tr. Percy Dearmer, 1867-1936, alt.)

Readings of the Day
Romans 1.1-15-For I am longing to see you so that I may share with you some spiritual gift to strengthen you-- or rather so that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine.
1 Samuel 8-...but we are determined to have a king over us...
Psalm 54-But surely, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life.
Matthew 6.24-34-So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own.

God's Word of the Day
I AM tender and merciful, advocate, defender, helper and upholder of life. I take on all the worry of the day and provide for all your needs.

Psalm of the Day
You take care of all my needs.
You sustain me and give me life.
I see all the blessings You richly provide.
I really don't need anything.
I shouldn't worry.
But, in my worry, I become aware.
Aware of all You have done for me.
I become aware of that Great Love provided.
Love that brings me out of sin.
I see a Love that gives life.
From death to life You have brought me.
Brought me and sustained me.
Gifted me and called me.
Sent me to go in faith.

We uphold each other in faith and love.
Running to each other we sustain and encourage.
And in Your web of Love we show that Love, one to another.
We continue, in Your strength, to spin that web.
And bring to life those You have given to us each day.
You take care of all needs...
It's all You...
Eternal thanks we give.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I love to be wrapped up in Your web of Love. Use me this day to spin that web to enfold those dear to You, whom You have given to me to meet this day. ---Amen

No comments: