Thursday, May 29, 2008

May 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Summer and winter and springtime and harvest, sun, moon, and stars in their courses above join with all nature in manifold witness to thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love. Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; all I have needed thy hand hath provided; great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me. ("Great Is Thy Faithfulness" - Text: Thomas O. Chisholm, 1866-1960)

Readings of the Day
Romans 4-No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, being fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.
1 Samuel 13-...the LORD has sought out a man after his own heart...
Psalm 58-O God, break the teeth in their mouths; tear out the fangs of the young lions, O LORD!
Romans 2.17-29-...and real circumcision is a matter of the heart---it is spiritual and not literal.

God's Word of the Day
You must trust Me to cut the sin from your heart. Give your heart to Me, for I have saved your life and freed you to live. For with all My heart I seek your heart. I love you.

Psalm of the Day
You are a faithful God.
You give me all I need.
You provide more than I can even fathom.
I sin and seek to earn Your forgiveness.
I sin and think that I can pay for Your favor.
Yet this is not Your desire.
Your Love is so deep.
You seek my heart.
You circumcise the sin and cut it out of my heart.
You are a faithful God.

You provide the faith I need to live.
You teach me to trust.
You give me hope.
You defeat the enemy.
Tear out the teeth and fangs of evil that I encounter.
You never waver in Your promise.
I turn to You in faith.
I trust in You alone.
All my hope is in You.
You provide the faith I need to live.

Prayer of the Day
Lord of all that I could ever need...I give You thanks this day. I turn to You and follow Your voice. I place all my trust and hope in You. Give me the faith I need for this day. ---Amen

No comments: