Tuesday, May 06, 2008

May 6th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Spirit, Spirit of gentleness, blow through the wilderness calling and free; Spirit, Spirit of restlessness, stir me from placidness, wind, wind on the sea. You sang in a stable, you cried from a hill, then you whispered in silence when the whole world was still; and down in the city you called once again, when you blew through your people on the rush of the wind. Spirit, Spirit of gentleness, blow through the wilderness calling and free; Spirit. Spirit of restlessness, stir me from placidness, wind, wind on the sea. ("Spirit of Gentleness" - Text: James K. Manley, b. 1940)

Readings of the Day
Acts 17.1-15-And Paul went in, as was his custom, and on three sabbath days argued with them from the scriptures, explaining and proving that it was necessary for the Messiah to suffer and to rise from the dead...
Judges 6-The LORD is with you, you mighty warrior.
Job 36-Surely God is great, and we do not know him; the number of his years is unsearchable.
Numbers 16.41-50-...Moses and Aaron turned toward the tent of meeting; the cloud had covered it and the glory of the LORD appeared.

God's Word of the Day
My Spirit is with you. My Spirit is present in and through you. Listen and stir from your sleep to rise and serve Me in My Kingdom, today, tomorrow and forever.

Psalm of the Day
Your Spirit moves.
Your Spirit moves in and through the Word made flesh.
Your Spirit moves in the cry of Jesus.
Your Spirit moves in the agony and pain of Jesus death.
Your Spirit moves through the tomb walls to resurrected life.
Your Spirit envelopes my life through the Breath of Life.
Your Spirit teaches me and gifts me.
Your Spirit draws me out to action, bold and confident.
Your Spirit moves.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, let Your Spirit move through me this day and forever. ---Amen

No comments: