Saturday, May 17, 2008

May 17th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O living Breath of God, wind at the beginning upon the waters; O living Breath of God, bearing the creation to wondrous birth: Come now, and fill our spirits; pour out your gifts abundant. O living Breath of God, Holy Spirit, breathe in us as we pray. ("O Living Breath of God" - Text: Osvaldo Catena, 1920-1986; tr. Gerhard M. Cartford, b.1923)

Readings of the Day
Acts 24.10-27-I have a hope in God...
Judges 21-In those days there was no king in Israel; all the people did what was right in their own eyes.
Psalm 46-Be still, and know the I am God!
Psalm 8-O LORD, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

God's Word of the Day
My Spirit breathes in you this day. My Spirit that was present at creation gives you life. My Spirit gives you hope. Be still for a moment and take in that Breath of Life I give you today.

Psalm of the Day
You stop me dead in my tracks.
You stop me and cause me to be still.
I listen for Your Voice.
Sometimes when I don't hear a thing...
Then I feel that Breath.
I feel Your Breath of Life entering my lungs.
Your Breath bringing life to my body.
I feel that Breath moving in and through my being.
And I feel the hope of salvation come alive.
I feel a passion and love beyond myself.
Through that Breath of Life I am brought to life.
Brought to life in and through You.

I know of a King through this Breath of Life.
I know of a Savior that brings me from death to life.
I see a Majestic Lord and Creator of all that exists.
I begin to understand another realm of space and time.
I see a peek at a heavenly place.
I hear the waters of a river that flows somewhere else.
Then I see the presence of the Spirit.
That Breath of Life, calling me and gifting me and sending me.
Sending me out into the Kingdom of here and now.
Sending me out to express compassion, mercy and love to a fallen world.
Sent with a Breath, sent with Hope, sent out with my King.
You stop me dead in my tracks.

Prayer of the Day
I'm still Lord. I'm still and feel that Breath of Life, Your Spirit entering my lungs. Fill me up and send me out. Send me out this day to have mercy. Send me out this day to have compassion. Send me out this day to express Your Love. Today...Tomorrow...Forever... Amen

No comments: