Wednesday, March 16, 2005

March 10th Reflection

Thursday 3/10/2005

Matthew 13.1-23 - So I heard this seed and farmer story a little different today -- were the seeds bad? -- well maybe - but maybe they couldn’t help it either -- they didn’t choose where they were going to be thrown - so maybe what some of the meaning is -- if I am thrown onto good soil - and my lot in life is blessed with good soil from God - then produce! -- make up the difference for those fellow seeds that were thrown and bad deal and couldn’t produce as much - pick up for them --It’s not about where you are thrown - it’s about how you take the Word of God or the soil you are given-I must have faith and believe no matter where I am thrown in life- then God will produce fruit with me - Jesus used stories because it was easier for people to understand his messages -- I like stories anyway -- then there is multiple meanings

Leviticus 17-18 - Life is in the blood- how true this has become! --It seems to me that all these laws begin to wear me down after a while -my head begins to swim like how could I even remember all this stuff - I know I’ll mess one of them up-- even though today I think - well yea- I wouldn’t do that anyway -- if they were laws that applied directly to the culture I live in - I think I would get lost in the laws and realize that I would become a failure to them - that’s why I need Jesus- he turns the whole law thing around- forgives me and sets me free to not worry about the laws- but to serve him in joy and depend on his forgiveness- this changes everything - now instead of focusing on the laws and having my head swim in negativity - I can focus on serving Jesus and my heart can be filled with joy!

Proverbs 28 - God will be merciful if you confess your sins and give them up. - don’t be selfish and eager to get rich - you will live a full life if you trust the LORD

Put your trust and faith in God and you will be a hero!

I have been anointed- given a special designation by God. God looks differently at me. He looks to my heart. I will perform the work God has called me to.

Change me Lord-from death to life- let me see your grace and respond in live and joy forever

Baptism is water used together with God’s Word and by his command

Psalm 130 - When I’m at my lowest I cry - but compared to you Lord I am always low- I must always cry to you - for if I exalt myself - then I make myself low in my sin- I need your forgiveness so bad -I depend completely on you Lord- I wait and hope for you to save me - all day long I put my trust in you that you will save me from myself and sin - you fulfill my hope - for with you there is steadfast love- you have saved me!

Luke 22.1-18 - The cup is the new covenant in Jesus blood - there is life in that blood!

Prayer- You poured out your blood on some really good soil - some soil that lets the fruit of your salvation explode into this fallen world - let this world - let me - let all my friends see the awesome power of your blood poured out on the soil of our sins - on the dirt in our lives you came to save and love and give us that life giving blood -- When I cry to you from the depths of me sin - from the dirt of my sin - show me your favor - I will trust and believe only in you - save me Lord I pray1 -- Amen

No comments: