Thursday, March 03, 2005

March 2nd Reflection

Wednesday 3/2/2005

Matthew 9.1-17 - I like how Jesus is with the people - he heals them - forgives them and just grates the religious leaders because he is down here with the people- when he calls Matthew to be a disciple - he goes and has dinner with Matthew and other sinners - right in their midst - Jesus comes to me where I am - in my own filth - he comes right in and makes himself at home and then saves me from my sinfulness - how much more could I ever want or need - I think I’ll follow too!

Leviticus 3-4 - Offerings for the forgiveness of sins -- the process -- Bring something to God - Give up what you have to offer - like my life - Put your word or blood into it - splatter it all over the altar - cut the pieces up - give your life completely to God and burn it - it pleases God -- so I come to God - ask for forgiveness- give him my life -all of it - the good and the bad- open it all up - all the pieces of my life to God and let er burn for God cause I love him - all the good parts of my life belong just to God -- like the fat of the animal -- that’s his -- so the fat of my life is all God’s -- my very blood with the life in it is God’s -I’m all his!

Proverbs 20 - It isn’t smart to get drunk! - Can any of us really say , “My thoughts are pure, and my sins are gone?” - Trust the LORD, and he will help you

How will I respond to God’s awesome gift of salvation -- I will rejoice and join in the party!

Let me drink- let me bathe - let me feel that ever-flowing water from the Rock wash over me in Jesus love and forgiveness. Restore me and send me.

Pray to God with complete confidence - just as children speak to a loving parent.

Live in harmony with the truth and purity of God’s Word

John 8.12-20-Jesus is the light of the world - I won’t walk in darkness as long as I follow him

Exodus 12.14-17 - This day shall be a day of remembrance for you. You shall celebrate it as a festival to the LORD -- you have come out of the wilderness and into the upper meadow - feel the presence of Jesus with you - it is a new beginning!

Psalm 119.137-146 - With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O LORD.- I cry to you; save me…I rise before dawn and cry for help; I put my hope in your words.

Prayer - Jesus- you come to me and the people I live with - you come in our midst - you sit at our table- you join into our lives- you feel right along with us the pain we experience in life- yet you still stay - you don’t run off - you don’t give some nice advice and leave- you stay with us- be with me and my friends this day - guide each of us through the pain and turn it all into the joy and happiness and forgiveness you have gracefully granted -- let our battles be fun - let our work be fulfilling - let our searching be a journey of joy. Receive the sacrifices we offer of our lives- our blood- our parts and please forgive my sin. With this there is celebration and joy -- I love living with you! -- what greater person can I have by my side? -- none! -- Let me see you in all my friends this day - let me see you in the hidden places and be surprised by your presence. -- Amen

No comments: