Saturday, March 26, 2005

March 26th Reflection

Saturday 3/26/2005

Matthew 22.1-22 - Heaven is like a wedding banquet -- but it’s funny - Jesus is right in our face inviting us to a big ol party - yet I’m too busy doing my own stuff - come on! - wake up! - go to Jesus party - forget about myself - see Jesus - he is my Savior and King - it’s all about his party - not mine! -- Then Jesus talks about money and taxes -- money big deal - give it to God - taxes - pay what you owe - it’s the money I give to God that counts - God is the focus - not money.

Numbers 21 - Wandering around cause they couldn’t go straight into the Promised Land - no water - tired of the food - more complaints! -So God sends some snakes on the people-- like - will you guys shut up and be happy with what you have? - look how worse if gets if I throw in some snakes! - Now the people plead to have the snakes taken away - So God has Moses make the Medical symbol -- the bronze snake on a pole -- if they look to it they will live-- this always seemed a bit odd to me- it was like it could very easily become and idol- why the temptation? - the people already had enough problems without making an idol for them to fall into the trap of worshipping - they have to remember it is God’s healing - not that bronze snake-- So now that there wasn’t a straight path available into the Promised Land - the Israelites are led in circles to say - but the people in their path weren’t to keen about all these people traipsing around on their land- some came out and tried to fight against the Israelites - but God defended them.

Song of Solomon 1.1-2.7 - Oh man!!! -- How can I not comment on the woman! -- I could care less about that guy - how he smells and looks and stuff -- but that woman! - whew!!--how can I not stare in my mind! -- the guy is perfume between her breasts! -lucky guy!- she wears a necklace of precious stones-while you were on your couch, my love was a magic charm - “magic charm“ probably refers to a sweet smelling ointment-maybe a perfume- Yea-I can smell it now!-- her eyes are nice -like those of a dove - she is like a flower - she is hungry for love! - ahhhhwww! -- I better head for a cold shower!!--this is some cruel trick God is playing!-this is frustrating!

From a parade-to death-to life

See how to serve, love and obey. Hear Jesus command- Wash those feet in humble love.

Thanks be to God for a love so awesome!

Daniel 3.1-29 - from death to life- don’t worship myself or anything else I may come up with - I will only worship God- and yea-I’ll go through some pain, some illness, some grief, and some fire-- but right there with me in that fire will be someone that has the appearance of a god- Jesus is always there- been there- and knows how it feels-- but there is a movement here- from death to life- give up my way - give up my life- and die to my life and take on the life Jesus has ready for me - Jesus will move me from death to life in a fantastic way!!

Exodus 13.1-15 - God is about to do it! - he is bringing us into the Promised Land - I can’t wait!!!

Psalm 49.7-15 - I can’t save myself - no way - no how- I don’t have anything to give that would be good enough to save myself! - “But God will ransom my soul from the power of Sheol, for he will receive me.” -- Thanks be to God!!!!

Prayer- Jesus - especially this day - we wait - we wait for that big ol party - we anticipate-- some though are waiting with you in the fires of illness, pain, mourning, suffering, hunger and need - but you are waiting there with them also - you know all about it - you wait too - you wait on me to come around - you wait on me to learn your teaching - you wait on me to learn your love - your wait on me to take some action - you wait on me to show your love to the world you have given to me - forgive me for when I tarry and fiddle around and waste your time - forgive me when I linger- it’s time to stop the wait - I feel your presence ever so close - your Spirit right here on top of me and within me- I feel your intense love - that deep deep deep love that’s so hard to explain - it’s time to take all this out into the world you have given to me - it’s time to use the gifts you have given me - it’s time to burst out from this long wait-- knowing that even in all this -- you are right there with me - inside my heart - healing from the inside out and bringing me from death to life- just a second or two more to wait -- I can’t wait!!! -- Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: