Monday, March 28, 2005

March 28th Reflection

Monday 3/28/2005

Matthew 23.1-12 - Talk about laying into the Jewish Leaders - make sure I don’t think too much of myself- make sure I don’t make things hard on others - it I do I will be like those Jesus is trying to correct here in this passage.

Numbers 22.41-23.26 - So Balak takes Balaam to a couple of places to observe the Israelites and asks Balaam to place a curse on them - but Balaam can’t because God isn’t telling him to curse the Israelites - in fact he blesses them in one of these instances- Balak is beginning to get mad!

Song of Solomon 3.6-5.1 - I feel like I’m watching something I shouldn’t be watching!- It seems like they (theologians) try to explain this away as how Christ and his Church are -- but - I’m not sure about all that-- I have to wonder if people just didn’t want a story like this in the Bible to show the intensity of love and maybe two to show that our relationship with God and each other is ok to be passionate - not sinful -this couple aren’t sinful-they are passionate though-- that seems ok to me.

See how to serve, love and obey. Hear Jesus command- Wash those feet in humble love.

Thanks be to God for a love so awesome!-What is your stance as a Christian?-Servant love!

God creates good- He saves me from the flood of sin and death- God provided a Lamb for my offering. God provided his Son- his only Son-Trust in God- His power is mighty- My thirst is quenched with His ever-living water - God will cleanse me and give me life- Sing- Shout and Praise God - God chooses me- baptized me and gave his body and blood for me- Christ is risen in me- Risen indeed!

Jesus collapsed the box and prison of death and sin for me and the world. I will run and tell the world of this awesome freeing love.

May all my thoughts, words, and deeds serve and please God.

Luke 1.26-38 - hmm! -- well - after yesterday - the worship and praise of God- I can see- even as a male- slightly different- how now today Jesus is in me - he is in all who believe- we all are to conceive and give birth to Jesus- and show the world the source of love - grace- forgiveness and real life- little strange for a man to think of it this way - but I think it’s true anyway- God has truly planted the seed of Jesus in all of us

Malachi 4.1-6 - A new day is coming - a new day is here - Thanks be to God!

Psalm 9.1-11 - It’s time to run and tell!

Prayer- Lord-It’s time to run and tell - it’s time to forget all those rules and regulations and things that restrict and be free to love and serve you in your kingdom -it’s time to run and tell - it’s time to feel your presence ever so close - in my heart - your seed growing in me - swelling to life - for you have wonderfully brought me from death to life- you have given me life to grow and explode into the world you have given me- it’s time to run and tell - to show all I meet the secret you have revealed - to show all I meet the sweetness of your grace - to show and let others smell not the stench of decay - but the sweet smell of life that you give for all people - it’s time to run and tell - Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: