Sunday, March 27, 2005

March 27th Reflection

Sunday 3/27/2005

Matthew 22.23-46 - God is the God of the living not the dead -we will experience a more glorious existence and a new level of unlimited intimacy unlike any earthly marriage- He moves all who believe from death to life and is the God of the living! - Love God first then love others along with yourself

Numbers 22.1-40 - I love this story - A ruler named Balak was afraid of the great number of Israelites who were around his land- Balak wanted to run them off - he didn’t have enough power to defeat them - but Balak did know someone named Balaam who could bless or curse others and it would always stick - so King Balak sent some people to talk to Balaam to see if he would curse the Israelites and run them off- Balaam slept the night and God told Balaam that a curse wouldn’t work and not to bother- so Balaam told this to the people Balak sent- Balak then sent a larger group - Balaam did the same thing - but this time God told Balaam that it would be ok to go and see Balak but still not to curse the Israelites - so - Balaam on the way to see Balak rides his donkey - his donkey stops and does some strange things - three times - finally Balaam gets so ticked he beats the donkey - God lets the donkey talk to him and asks Balaam why he is beating him - then Balaam sees an angel blocking the way - that’s why the donkey stopped! -- the angel lets Balaam pass to go to Balak but reasserts that Balaam is to listen to the command of God- do not curse the Israelites.

Song of Solomon 2.8-3.5 - Whew! - this is one powerful love story!

From a parade-to death-to life

See how to serve, love and obey. Hear Jesus command- Wash those feet in humble love.

Thanks be to God for a love so awesome!-What is your stance as a Christian?-Servant love!

God creates good- He saves me from the flood of sin and death- God provided a Lamb for my offering. God provided his Son- his only Son-Trust in God- His power is mighty- My thirst is quenched with His ever-living water - God will cleanse me and give me life- Sing- Shout and Praise God - God chooses me- baptized me and gave his body and blood for me- Christ is risen in me- Risen indeed!

Thanks dear Lord for protecting me- I commend my body, soul and all I have to you!

John 20.1-18 - Mary Magdalene- how much respect and awe for her I have- her relationship with Jesus must have been real special- She declares without a doubt that Jesus is alive- She reaches to him yet can’t touch him- how much I’m sure she wanted to touch him at that moment - but that touch goes way deeper than anything physical - Jesus touched her heart and the hearts of all believers- he changes their hearts - their tombs of sin and death to hearts of life, joy and love- what a gift - Mary told the disciples - “I have seen the Lord” - What an announcement - what a sermon - what I joy - I have seen the Lord - he is here - right here within me - he has become the center of my life -- I have seen the Lord! -- Thanks be to God!

Luke 24.1-12 - Why do you look for the living among the dead?- He is not here, but has risen.- The women told the disciples- but it was to the disciple an idle tale- but Peter saw- it was true- and idle tale? - not this time - not ever- the women brought the men a story of death to life - the exact opposite of some other idle tale in the Garden of Eden - an idle tale? - God provided the path from death to life through his Son - Thanks be to God!

Psalm 118 - His steadfast love endures forever - I was dead - surely dead - but God has taken me from death to life- and given me a new day of joy - This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!!! O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.

Prayer- Lord- from death to life - over and over and over and over these past weeks -you show your great love - your show your love in your Son - you show your love in the dedication and love of Mary Magdalene- you show your love in donkeys - OT donkeys and NT donkeys- but especially this day you have shown your love in the resurrection of your Son - how you brought my life from death to life- how you free me to love in joy and happiness all you place before me today and through my life- you give live- you give love- you give salvation - I love you - I want to play in your Kingdom and love those with your love - love those you have sent to me to care for and to tell that story - it’s time to run - run like crazy and tell my friends first then all the other people in the world - it’s time to run from that place of death to the playground of life- to play in ministry with you and with all you put with me- to spread the joy you give so freely - to bless and to love - it’s time to play and run! - Thanks be to Jesus! --- Amen

No comments: