Sunday, March 20, 2005

Re: March 20th Reflection

Well this passage got me on my soapbox:
 
Eccl 7: 28 While I was still searching but not finding - I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.   
 
WHAAAAT!!!!  I no longer think Solomon is so wise (or whoever the "wise one" who wrote this).  My notes in the learning Bible say that King Solomon - in all of his hundreds of wives - could not find one woman who was as good and precious as the one described in Proverbs 31:10-31. My immediate thoughts: Well, Solomon in all his wisdom certainly doesn't know how to judge women - or he wouldn't have to keep trying. Or worse yet, he is such a perfectionist, no woman measures up. And isn't he the one who wrote Proverbs 31 anyway? I get so sick of hearing about that woman (in Prov 31). I don't think she DOES exist. So if this wise man is only judging an upright woman based on Proverbs 31, she DOESN'T exist. There isn't a man who can meet those requirements either! And if someone tried to meet ALL of those qualities, he/she would be considered a complete workaholic - a "Martha" if you will. And Jesus wanted Martha to calm down and listen and be more like Mary. So this wise man needs to be more like Jesus and look at a woman's heart - not her list of accomplishments.....whew! I feel better.
 
Diane
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Lynch
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:17 AM
Subject: March 20th Reflection

Sunday 3/20/2005

Matthew 19.1-15 - Jesus takes the law and makes sense out of it - The law was there because God loves us and wants to take care of us and help us along in life- it’s not some stringent rules to obey to earn God’s favor - it’s God’s love of us- helping us and reaching out to us-- so take the law and make some sense out of it- don’t use it to condemn each other and our own actions - use the law of love from God with sense.

Numbers 9-10 - How important it is to remember the works of God - like in the Passover- remember the works of God in my life- celebrate those memories and always give thanks in relationships with God and his people- God leads with the cloud- the cloud by day - and the fire in the cloud by night - God is now in the center of the camp -- not like he was outside the camp after the golden calf ordeal-- I want God to always be in my center- not outside - because I did something to kick him outside of myself- I want him at my center - then when he leads me - I will follow that cloud - that fire and let it center back in my once we settle down once again - blow those trumpets and let me hear the voice of God!

Ecclesiastes 7 - The truth is beyond us. It’s far too deep. --I did learn one thing: We were completely honest when God created us, but now we have twisted minds.

God gives life even to dry bones- Receive this gift and live for God

It’s about a community of faith-love-forgiveness and God’s grace.

Firmly believe that your sins are forgiven before God in heaven.

Matthew 21.1-11 - Go- immediately - look your king is coming - go and do as directed - shout Hosanna to the Son of David- Hosanna in the highest heaven!

Psalm 117 - Great is God’s steadfast love towards us- Praise God!

Prayer- Today is your day - today I remember your march into my heart - into my city - into my life- I will praise you forever - but - I also remember the pain you bring - the pain you bear - the pain you had to endure for me - the life you gave for me - the love you give to me - the joy you five to me - the forgiveness you give to me - I give my life to you - I give my love to you - I place my hope in you - I return your love to my friends- I return your hope to those in this world - I return my life to you - you wash me with your holy water and lead me from death to life - to life that I may serve you in your kingdom - to life that I may serve with your children together in this world - in this kingdom - as we look forward to that final kingdom you will fulfill in all your glory -thank you Jesus for that great march into that city - into my heart and into my life that you may lead me from death to life- from the inside out -- Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: