Saturday, March 12, 2005

March 12th Reflection

Saturday 3/12/2005

Matthew 14.1-21 - What kind of party is this? -- Then to feel you are obligated to keep such a promise-- go get the head of John the Baptist and bring it here- that’s a horror story!- it shows how evil people can really turn -- then contrast that with what happens next with Jesus and his disciples-- Jesus saw a large crowd-felt sorry for them-healed the sick and fed them with very little food- but all were satisfied- good and evil--what a swing these 21 verses take!

Leviticus 20-21 - God chose me- if I choose to turn to another god- look out! - God is clear-he will be my enemy-- I must never make such a choice!- God chose me and I am his - God chose me to be different- chose me to be his and to be holy too - God is clear enough to give direction

Proverbs 30 - Everything God says is ture- Don’t change what God has said! - Greed has twins, each named “Give me!” - hey!--don’t make fun of your father or disobey your mother-crows will peck out you eyes, and buzzards will eat the rest of you. -- if you pound on your nose, you get blood-huh? - who would do that anyway?!--in Hebrew the words for nose and blood can also mean anger and bloodshed-- now that makes more sense-- if I get angry and can shed blood - makes you really wonder how much of all this gets lost in the translation of words used then to maybe even the same words used today but have different meanings. - I guess I’ll have to just listen real close - what is God trying to tell me-here and now.

Put your trust and faith in God and you will be a hero!

I have been anointed- given a special designation by God. God looks differently at me. He looks to my heart. I will perform the work God has called me to.

Change me Lord-from death to life- let me see your grace and respond in love and joy forever

Water by itself is only water, but with the Word of God it is a life-giving water which by grace gives the new birth through the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8.6-11 - to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace

Exodus 12.31-39 - Go!- Worship God!

Psalm 14 - If I say there is no God-- I have really gotten off track-- big time!

Prayer - Jesus- you see it all - you see the good and you see the evil - but you are the good -forgive my evil this day - turn me around and let my eyes focus only on the good you bring - on that famous bread - that bread that is eternal - that bread that is my salvation - the bread that is you - this is the food I want - this is the Passover I look forward to - you are the bread of life - you are all the bread I need- lead me in your way - show me how to act in my day - just as you show people throughout time- show me how to please you- show me how to serve you - show me how to love you- show me how to please others - show me how to serve others- show me how to love others with that deep deep love you have shown me. Then set my mind on the Sprit and give me peace and life. Lord keep me on track - and keep my focus on that cross -- I have that hope in you of that one day when I will approach that cross with friends and slowly look up and realize and fully understand the great love you have given to all the world -- then that great feast of bread - that same bread you give me here and now -- what a time that will be -- but for now - you have fed me and send me out to this world to tell of your love. I gotta go now! - It‘s time to play!-- Amen

No comments: