Tuesday, March 22, 2005

March 22nd Reflection

Tuesday 3/22/2005

Matthew 20.1-16 - So those who worked all day were paid the same as the ones who worked for only and hour -- but the agreement was kept -- Jesus tells this story about heaven - the first will be last and the last first- it’s not about earning money - heaven is a gift from God -so when I work in God’s kingdom - who gives a hoot about how much I make- how much recognition - it’s an honor just to be working for God - its’ an honor to know God loves me enough he sent Jesus to die for my sins so that I even can serve in his kingdom - who give a hoot about money -- I should be dead - but now - because of Jesus I’m alive - who give a hoot about money when you just moved from death to life - give a hoot about that source of life in Jesus and be happy for those who in just one hour move from death to life - who gives a hoot about money?

Numbers 13-14 - So representatives from each tribe are sent to go into the Promised Land and bring back reports- it’s a great place - food - fruit- beautiful land - but some fierce fighting people there to defend it - the report is brought back and the people are afraid- they get mad at God and complain that they were brought out into the desert to die- they don’t have trust and faith in God - so God wants to give up on them - but Moses prays for the people- God decides to not give up on them but that the present generation will not enter the Promised Land with the exception of Joshua and Caleb- the only two of the reps that brought back positive news and encouraged the people - but the people rebel again after they see their sin - they decide they will go into the land in some noble attempt to correct their sin - well that’s is useless and sin again - you can’t depend on yourself - you can’t save yourself - you can only repent and accept forgiveness- the answer may not be what you desire - but you will be forgiven- so some of the people try to go into the Promised Land anyway - even without God -they are defeated -- I must depend on God- only God can save me - I must place all my trust and hope in God

Ecclesiastes 9.1-12 - God has power over everyone - Anything can happen to any of us- but exactly the same thing will happen to all of us- but God gives the hope we need in Jesus- this guy is really getting on my nerves- May as well go eat some greasy grimy worms - poor guy!

Ecclesiastes 8 - No one really understands what goes on in life

It’s about a community of faith-love-forgiveness and God’s grace.

Question yourself - where have I sinned? - Smell the stench of your sin and turn to God.

John 12.20-36 - a seed must die to bring life - death to life- Jesus took on the death I deserved to bring me life- no I must die to my sin - repent and turn to God - see the life Jesus freely gives- death to life

Exodus 12.43-51 - the Passover lamb- you shall not break any of its bones- thanks be to God for Jesus my Passover lamb!

Psalm 34 - Desire life - God will hear my cry and rescue me- he keeps all their bones; not one of them will be broken- thanks be to God for Jesus my Passover lamb!

Prayer- Lord - you give me hope - you give me love and you give me faith - may I bring your hope, love and faith to those I meet this day in your world - that they may come to see your presence here and now - that they may receive the gift of a days pay - here and now - for you are my Passover Lamb - You have brought me forgiveness of sin - hope, freedom, dependence and love for you - it’s all about you - as I journey this day towards your Promised Land - that land flowing with milk and honey - may I bring back to your people a good - positive report - a report filled with bold faith - with bold determination - and bold trust in you and you alone to lead us into the Promised land - it’s all about you - Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: