Monday, March 14, 2005

March 7th Reflection

Monday 3/7/2005

Matthew 11.20-30 - Just look around and see the miracles God works- believe in them - God is real and here - Come to Jesus and he will give you rest when you need it -the words “follow me“ read literally “Come after me“ -- OK- he will lighten the load and make it easy to serve - he is gentle and humble.

Leviticus 13 - So-what to do with skin disease - it seems God is providing some curing methods for his people - at least some basic guidelines- but it’s more than that - the priest declares clean or unclean -- the issues here have to do with signs of death-decay or rot-- and the priest is leading the people from death, decay or rot to life -- Jesus the great high priest does the same - through his sacrifice he leads me from death, decay and rot to life in his kingdom - and his kingdom comes in three ways - it came with Jesus years ago - it is here now where we live in harmony with God -and it is to come in it’s fulfillment -- so the kingdom here and now - I will live in Jesus life and serve him in his kingdom -- not in death, decay or rot but with and in the joy of the life he brings!

Proverbs 25 - If your enemies are hungry, give them something to eat. And if they are thirsty, give them something to drink. This will be the same as piling burning coals on their heads.

God has invited me to a party. I should have been rejected- but God’s love is so deep he accepts me and my sin - forgives me and throws a party! - I will run to God’s arms for a hug.

Put your trust and faith in God and you will be a hero!

I have been anointed- given at special designation by God. God looks differently at me. He looks to my heart. I will perform the work God has called me to.

I pray that even though I am tempted - We may still win the final victory -- We? -Jesus will help!

John 6.1-15 - A bunch of people - hungry people - what does Jesus feed them - in a miracle - bread and fish - feed me the bread of life - feed me the fish of my everyday life-the work I do -- through the food we make together - Jesus works miracles -- his bread -- my fish

Numbers 9.2-14 - God includes the unclean in his salvation and blessing

Psalm 51 - Indeed, I was born guilty, a sinner when my mother conceived me. - Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put an new and right spirit within me. Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit.

Prayer - Even though I am unclean - you give the chance to turn around - see you and follow you - you feed me with the bread of life - and as I work at my profession - you call me to follow you - to do your work - to speak to the people in your kingdom and tell them of the great forgiveness you have given to me - your salvation - your holy spirit - you offer this gift to all - may I tell others of this great gift you offer to all of us -- for we all need it - we have all been born guilty of sin since birth - even before birth - at conception - but you forgive - you anoint - and you bring that eternal joy to all -- it’s time to go and tell a few people. -- Amen

No comments: