Tuesday, March 15, 2005

March 15th Reflection

Tuesday 3/15/2005

Matthew 15.21-39 - So this one is a little confusing - Jesus goes to cities where non-Jewish people live and then when a woman wants him to take demons from her daughter - Jesus says he came for the people of Israel - but the woman’s faith in Jesus allows her daughter to be healed.- so is the point to make your request known and believe and don’t back down?- maybe- then Jesus heals many people along Lake Galilee and goes on to feed four thousand with seven loaves of bread and a few fish

Leviticus 26-27 - Oh how God can punish too- how he will punish those who choose to turn from him and not turn back - he tries over and over again to get them to see he is God - but if they don’t choose to worship God as God they are condemned and judged--but hope is the final word here - for Israel- being in the wilderness - being desolate leads to restoring themselves with God and life in the Promised Land.

Ecclesiastes 1.12-2.26 - All the work - all the material - all the things that we think will make us happy seem to end the same - in death - even wisdom - the wise die just as the foolish die - it all seems for nothing --but -- “If we please God, he will make us wise, understanding, and happy.” -- All the focus on myself just leads to frustration - focus on God -- that is what I’m really here for- focus on God because God is God - don’t focus on God just so I will be happy - focus and serve God because God created me to please him.

Change me Lord-from death to life- let me see your grace and respond in love and joy forever

God gives life even to dry bones- Receive this gift and live for God

In communion I receive forgiveness of sins and salvation -- this is life!

Psalm 118.1-2, 19-29 - This is the day the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. … O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.

Exodus 3.13-20 - I AM WHO I AM- sent Abraham to the Israelites to rescue them - God comes to the people - God comes to me - God has met with his people - let us now go a three days’ journey into the wilderness, so that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God -sacrifice myself in those three days - give myself to God- move from death to life- from wilderness to God’s promise of life.

Psalm 114 - Look to God - he turns the rock of Jesus into a life giving pool of water - he will quench my thirst forever

Prayer- Jesus - you come to me - lower that the dogs and rescue me - and save me and cast out my demons- thank you for your grace - thank you for your salvation - thank you for your guidance - your law - your releasing freedom to live life in you and for you - you bring me from death to life- you have baptized me with that ever-flowing water of grace from you - my rock and my salvation - for it’s all about you - it’s all about serving and loving you and giving my life in this wilderness where I exist - I give it to you today - use me as you see fit - lead and guide my actions this day so that I may love those you have given to me- In Jesus name - that’s what it’s all about. -- Amen

No comments: