Wednesday, March 09, 2005

March 9th Reflection

Wednesday 3/9/2005

Matthew 12.22-50 - Any kingdom that fights against itself will not stand - speaks to the need for unity - I think especially with Christians -- God has created the kingdom - our pride and sinfulness must not destroy it- if our hearts are in Jesus the actions we take will bear fruit- we don’t need a bunch of signs and miracles any more- there are enough now and have been enough throughout history - just look around and believe!- when you clean up your life because you believe in Jesus salvation - be careful - the devil will attack and try to take you back - once I believe and follow Jesus I am his brother.

Leviticus 15-16 - Boy-what you read in the Bible- I’m not gonna comment on that stuff! - The scapegoat - I’ll bet most people don’t have a clue when they use that expression- We all need a scapegoat - and God provides for the forgiveness of sin - Jesus was our scapegoat-- remember the forty days?- He was sent off to be tempted by the devil - just like that goat!

Proverbs 26 - Dogs return to eat their vomit-it’s true!-just like having warmed up leftovers-I’ve seen it!- at least I didn’t have to clean it up!

God has invited me to a party. I should have been rejected- but God’s love is so deep he accepts me and my sin - forgives me and throws a party! - I will run to God’s arms for a hug.

Put your trust and faith in God and you will be a hero!

I have been anointed- given a special designation by God. God looks differently at me. He looks to my heart. I will perform the work God has called me to.

It is most certainly true that the kingdom, the power, and the glory belong to God - now and forever

John 6.27-40 - Manna-the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world-What is it?-Jesus! - I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.- Jesus came down from heaven- --This is indeed the will of God - that all who see Jesus and believe may have eternal life and Jesus will raise them up on the last day.--These are some of in not the most powerful verses in the Bible

Mark 7.3-4 - Traditions observed-- use them to see Christ

Psalm 26 - I trust in you God- don’t throw me out!

Prayer- Lord keep me united in you - keep in in your way - keep me in your kingdom doing the work you would have me to do - Lord watch over me and keep evil away from it’s attack - lead and guide me this day and keep me pure in your Word- thank you for the gift of Jesus - thank you for that scapegoat for my sins - thank you for all the ways you have blessed me - now send me this day into your world to let your light shine - to point in your direction and to show your love. For you are the bread of life and all any of us need.--- Amen

No comments: