Monday, March 07, 2005

March 6th Reflection

Sunday 3/6/2005

Matthew 11.1-19 - I like here how Jesus really speaks highly of John the Baptist ministry -- he praises John - I only hope the ministry I do in my life will someday be praised - we’ll see - I want to please God because of what he has done for me - it makes me want to really please him-not cause I want special favor but because of how good God is to me.

Leviticus 11-12 - I really have never considered eating some of those things anyway - how about bat tonight for supper honey? - Oh but Dear, doesn’t the cricket look especially delicious sitting there making all that noise? - Hey --snatch that mole - we can have him for a snack later! - Damn -will you look at that - the mole died in the empty clay flower pot - now we’re gonna have to bust that pot up! - Somehow I think this is God’s humor showing up -- he looks at us and wonders - what are those people doing down there? - they are disgusting! -- don’t eat that!! -- so he tells us what he thinks!--the whole thing on birth is interesting -- the uncleanness comes with the loss of blood - the blood is a sign of life for God -- in birth the woman gives life but also looses blood - the loss of blood as in death -- so her death or loss of blood brings life -- that’s a neat thought -- just as Jesus loss of blood - his death- brought me life -- so -- I’m born again! -- there you have it Nic! -- that’s how it happens -and all in the OT too!

Proverbs 24 - Battles are won by listening to advice and making lots of plans - Don’t give up and be helpless in times of trouble - Giving an honest answer is a sign of true friendship

Let me drink- let me bathe - let me feel that ever-flowing water from the Rock wash over me in Jesus love and forgiveness. Restore me and send me.

God has invited me to a party. I should have been rejected- but God’s love is so deep he accepts me and my sin - forgives me and throws a party! - I will run to God’s arms for a hug.

Put your trust and faith in God and you will be a hero!

I sin every day and deserve nothing but punishment- I pray that God will forgive me and hear my prayer.

John 9.1-41 - Spit on some dirt and make some mud and smear it on me! - I wanna see -- I want that life-giving water that dirt of my sin made so apparent that I see the great wonder that Jesus has done for me - with his own bodily fluids - he gave his life for me - I see the dirt of my sin and turn to you Jesus - today - now! - now you make me clean!

2 Chronicles 30.1-9 - Repent and turn around -- God is there - waiting on me - God is there waiting on me!

Psalm 19 - Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

Prayer - Lord- you build me up - you give me gifts to use - you forgive my sin and you really pump me up for ministry and work in the day to day life I live - you bring me from death to life through your blood - you have fun with me too - you spit and make mud - healing mud - you tell me about what is clean and unclean in so many strange things - you show me and tell me to repent and turn around - and when I do - there you are. Send me out this eek with your Word in my mouth and with you always on my mind. -- Amen

No comments: