Monday, March 14, 2005

March 14th Reflection

Monday 3/14/2005

Matthew 15.1-20 - Wash your hands before you eat - Jesus brings some sense to all the laws -- it’s not what goes into you that God is worried about - it is what comes out - so my words are the thing to worry about - the food being unclean isn’t that big a deal - it just takes the route of the plumbing and on - but the words that come out of me are what can hurt or heal another- so think twice about what and how I say something - and make those words worthwhile in building up - in letting Jesus light shine through. It’s about how I conduct myself - not about religious rituals.

Leviticus 24-25 - All these rules to follow - these seem to make some sense- but I like how many are ended with a reminder- that God saves (like rescued from Egypt) -- he will pull you out and give you everything - but remember that he did that- he gave it all to me - so that he would be my God- so when it’s rough - I’m sick or poor or in some struggle- don’t worry - it was all God’s to begin with - he will save me and take care of me and it’s all going to get better

Ecclesiastes 1.1-11 - Yea - most of the time it seems like this - nothing makes sense -we just go around in circles - the older I get the more I wonder about this - then I think- well there is purpose- God has put me here for a purpose- and when I’m serving God- worshipping God- depending on God- trying to make God happy - living in God’s grace - it really doesn’t matter if I’m running in circles-- I can be fulfilled- life is about God- life is ongoing - the circle is ongoing - that’s life - trust in God and enjoy the ride - the roller coaster is fun and exciting to ride- it may not make sense - but it is fun- so why not enjoy it for being fun? So -am I here to have joy- or am I here to give God joy - or both maybe?

Change me Lord-from death to life- let me see your grace and respond in love and joy forever

God gives life even to dry bones- Receive this gift and live for God

Communion -Body and blood of Jesus -given with bread and wine-- it’s both

Romans 9.19-33 - Watch where I’m going - I may trip over a rock - and that rock just might be Jesus- right there in front of me - pay attention and believe!

Exodus 12.21-28 -the blood on the doorpost - the entrance to my home- there is blood on my hands- forgive me and Passover - for your blood is in me to - and your Word is written on my heart - Passover - then the next day it will be time for me to go out -to praise and serve and give you thanks for your Passover of my sin

Psalm 44.1-8 - You saved in the past - you save me now- you will continue to save in the future- I trust and believe in you.

Prayer- Clean me Jesus - form the inside out - for I hear you - it’s what comes out of my heart that I must be concerned with today - as I hear your laws and see how you free me from the law- I give you thanks - I want to naturally move from my inside out - out with you at the door - out with you into my world - out with your words on my tongue and your light in my soul - it’s time for me to go outside now - it’s time for us to play in the world you created- gotta go now! -- Amen

No comments: