Monday, March 21, 2005

March 21st Reflection

Monday 3/21/2005

Matthew 19.16-30 - For rich people it will be hard to get into heaven- you can’t depend on your money to get you there- if you rely on money then you rely on yourself and not God -it’s not about me - it’s all about god - so forget all that crap - sometimes that’s real hard to do - I want to take care of my own - I can’t take care of my own - only God can - and I must depend on God to give me the means to take care of my own - it’s all his anyway -- but that’s not an excuse for me to be lazy - I still must listen and follow God’s lead and call - not matter how strange it is.

Numbers 11-12 - God heard the people complaining about their troubles and burnt the edges of their camp --then the people begged Moses to help - Moses prayed and the fire went out - The people were complaining again about not having meat to eat - Moses was complaining about not being able to take care of all these whiners-- God give Moses some help with seventy leaders - and God also sends quails in -- three feet deep! --the whole thing must make God mad because before the greedy people can eat some of the meat a disease was sent through the camp killing a bunch of people- then Miriam and Aaron begin to complain about Moses marriage to a woman from Ethiopia-but God backed Moses and stood by him

Ecclesiastes 8 - No one really understands what goes on in life

It’s about a community of faith-love-forgiveness and God’s grace.

From a parade-to death-to life

Confess those sins that trouble my heart and mind

John 12.1-11 - Mary loved Jesus - this is the beginning of servant hood in so many ways - Mary and Jesus - serving those in ways that seem strange - why waste the money on perfume/ - why do religious leaders want to kill Lazarus instead of rejoicing that he is still alive- all people showing hatred in contrast to Mary and Jesus showing love - Jesus is about to die for showing love- Mary is condemned for showing love - showing love to a fallen world come at a price - but the reward is death to life - don’t fear the price of showing love - if that love is rooted in Jesus love - it will lead to life - from death to life

Matthew 22.23-33 - He is God not of the dead but of the living -- from death to life

Psalm 115 - Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name give glory.

Prayer- Lord- lead me today - be honest with me - just like you were honest and up front with the rich man - you told him how it is - let me see your truth and understand it and respond to that deep love you have given - when I complain - turn me around - show me all the good and all the blessings I have received and forgive my evil complaints - bring me into your deep love- let me be Mary to you and to the world - to those you bring to me today - let me be Mary - let me serve and love your people and your world. You are God of the living and you created life perfect - but I ruined it - forgive me and bring me from death to life - to that great life of love in your kingdom -- that kingdom where all the glory is yours! -- Amen

No comments: