Monday, March 21, 2005

Re: March 20th Reflection

Amen Sister! You go girl!

--- Eric and Diane Saupe
wrote:

> Well this passage got me on my soapbox:
>
> Eccl 7: 28 While I was still searching but not
> finding - I found one upright man among a thousand,
> but not one upright woman among them all.
>
> WHAAAAT!!!! I no longer think Solomon is so wise
> (or whoever the "wise one" who wrote this). My
> notes in the learning Bible say that King Solomon -
> in all of his hundreds of wives - could not find one
> woman who was as good and precious as the one
> described in Proverbs 31:10-31. My immediate
> thoughts: Well, Solomon in all his wisdom certainly
> doesn't know how to judge women - or he wouldn't
> have to keep trying. Or worse yet, he is such a
> perfectionist, no woman measures up. And isn't he
> the one who wrote Proverbs 31 anyway? I get so sick
> of hearing about that woman (in Prov 31). I don't
> think she DOES exist. So if this wise man is only
> judging an upright woman based on Proverbs 31, she
> DOESN'T exist. There isn't a man who can meet those
> requirements either! And if someone tried to meet
> ALL of those qualities, he/she would be considered a
> complete workaholic - a "Martha" if you will. And
> Jesus wanted Martha to calm down and listen and be
> more like Mary. So this wise man needs to be more
> like Jesus and look at a woman's heart - not her
> list of accomplishments.....whew! I feel better.
>
> Diane
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Bill Lynch
> To: Sarah Lynch ; Connie Lynch ; Brandie home Back
> ; Bill Lynch-work ; Daily-Reflections Blogger ; Eric
> and Diane Saupe ; John Payne
> Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:17 AM
> Subject: March 20th Reflection
>
>
> Sunday 3/20/2005
>
> Matthew 19.1-15 - Jesus takes the law and makes
> sense out of it - The law was there because God
> loves us and wants to take care of us and help us
> along in life- it's not some stringent rules to obey
> to earn God's favor - it's God's love of us- helping
> us and reaching out to us-- so take the law and make
> some sense out of it- don't use it to condemn each
> other and our own actions - use the law of love from
> God with sense.
>
> Numbers 9-10 - How important it is to remember the
> works of God - like in the Passover- remember the
> works of God in my life- celebrate those memories
> and always give thanks in relationships with God and
> his people- God leads with the cloud- the cloud by
> day - and the fire in the cloud by night - God is
> now in the center of the camp -- not like he was
> outside the camp after the golden calf ordeal-- I
> want God to always be in my center- not outside -
> because I did something to kick him outside of
> myself- I want him at my center - then when he leads
> me - I will follow that cloud - that fire and let it
> center back in my once we settle down once again -
> blow those trumpets and let me hear the voice of
> God!
>
> Ecclesiastes 7 - The truth is beyond us. It's far
> too deep. --I did learn one thing: We were
> completely honest when God created us, but now we
> have twisted minds.
>
> God gives life even to dry bones- Receive this
> gift and live for God
>
> It's about a community of faith-love-forgiveness
> and God's grace.
>
> Firmly believe that your sins are forgiven before
> God in heaven.
>
> Matthew 21.1-11 - Go- immediately - look your king
> is coming - go and do as directed - shout Hosanna to
> the Son of David- Hosanna in the highest heaven!
>
> Psalm 117 - Great is God's steadfast love towards
> us- Praise God!
>
> Prayer- Today is your day - today I remember your
> march into my heart - into my city - into my life- I
> will praise you forever - but - I also remember the
> pain you bring - the pain you bear - the pain you
> had to endure for me - the life you gave for me -
> the love you give to me - the joy you five to me -
> the forgiveness you give to me - I give my life to
> you - I give my love to you - I place my hope in you
> - I return your love to my friends- I return your
> hope to those in this world - I return my life to
> you - you wash me with your holy water and lead me
> from death to life - to life that I may serve you in
> your kingdom - to life that I may serve with your
> children together in this world - in this kingdom -
> as we look forward to that final kingdom you will
> fulfill in all your glory -thank you Jesus for that
> great march into that city - into my heart and into
> my life that you may lead me from death to life-
> from the inside out -- Thanks be to God! -- Amen
>


__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/

No comments: