Monday, March 07, 2005

March 5th Reflection

Saturday 3/5/2005

Matthew 10.26-42 - Don’t be afraid - God is with you - tell others about Jesus and the saving message - Tell them that I belong to Jesus - it won’t be easy - sometimes people will be mean -hurt or even kill - but God is always there with me- Welcome people and be good to each other.

Leviticus 9-10 - More sacrifice - but then a couple of priests make a mistake and God kills them -- don’t think that God won’t take action against evil - this goes against all that gracious God thinking - but if you intentionally do something that God doesn’t want - you must be willing to suffer the consequence - God may still have taken care of these two - I don’t know - but the consequence happens - these passages really make you think.

Proverbs 23 - Your money flies away before you know it -- so give up trying to get rich -- boy - that’s good advice! - then the whole deal about getting drunk - watch out for that - it will really screw you up!

Let me drink- let me bathe - let me feel that ever-flowing water from the Rock wash over me in Jesus love and forgiveness. Restore me and send me.

God has invited me to a party. I should have been rejected- but God’s love is so deep he accepts me and my sin - forgives me and throws a party! - I will run to God’s arms for a hug.

Thanks for my daily bread of food and clothing, home and property, work and income, a devoted family, an orderly community, good government, favorable weather, peace and health, a good name, and true friends and neighbors.

Ephesians 5.8-14 - Live as children of light- for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true. Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord.

John 6.31-32 - God gives the true bread from heaven - Jesus - Manna - “what is it?” -- oh how now I know what it is! -- life! - Give us this day our daily bread!

Psalm 104 - God gives wine to gladden the human heart and bread to strengthen the human heart - wine and bread for the human heart - Jesus for my human heart! - thanks be to God! - God really really loves me and all people - he has created all and takes care of all

Prayer- Jesus- I must tell the world about you - I must be bold and brave enough to go and tell - to not be ashamed or shy or timid - but to just tell - lead me in your kingdom - I ask you to give me the words I need to say - show me how to act --show me how to love- lead me in the way you would have me go- prioritize me today so that I don’t concentrate on the worldly goods that I know you will give me anyway to survive - but lead me to concentrate on what you would have me do - let me live as a child of the light doing what pleases you -- for you feed me daily with your daily bread - that wonderful bread and wine - you give me food for the body but most importantly the food for my soul - in you -- straight to my heart you feed this food- Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: