Tuesday, March 01, 2005

March 1st Reflection

Tuesday 3/1/2005

Matthew 8.14-34 - Jesus is intense in his mission -- he heals Peter’s mother-in-law even when she didn’t ask - like Jesus didn’t want this to delay anything going on now - the woman serves - Jesus heals and people serve or follow - I think depending on where they are in their spiritual maturity - Then Jesus heals many people possessed by demons - a guy that would follow Jesus tells Jesus that he will go wherever Jesus goes - but Jesus response is a little rough -- like Jesus wants this guy to realize it won’t be easy - Jesus has no home right now in his mission - it won’t be easy - then one of his disciples has a family issue come up where he needs to go buy his father - Jesus doesn’t let him - the mission is much too important at this time to turn back for that - Jesus stills a storm -- not because he wanted to - but because his disciples were afraid - Jesus is so intense right now it seems to me -- he is truly a man on a mission - then after they come ashore he casts some demons into a herd of pigs - well this probably upset the people because the pigs meant more to them than the man with the demons - but Jesus ministry is to these very people with the demons -- that’s all of us -- and he will save all of us - from - disease-storms-demons-death-sin -- Thanks be to God!

Leviticus 1-2 - Sacrifices to please God - isn’t that what we are here for - to please God - send the sacrifice all up in smoke with a smell that pleases God - then sacrifices to thank God - I find it interesting that sacrifices to please God involve the life of animals -- and sacrifice to thank God involve bread and things that take work to prepare -- Please God by giving him my life - Thank God by responding with my work for him -- hmmm --I’m sure that thought could be taken much further

Proverbs 19 - Be patient and forgive others - care for the poor - We make a lot of plans, but the LORD will do what he has decided- respect God

How will I respond to God’s awesome gift of salvation -- I will rejoice and join in the party!

Let me drink- let me bathe - let me feel that ever-flowing water from the Rock wash over me in Jesus love and forgiveness. Restore me and send me.

John 7.37-52 - I’m thirsty Jesus let me drink from you and let flow from my heart rivers of living water to the world you have given to me - knowing that people will be confused by your love which is so deep - but willing to let your love flow anyway- they crucified you because they couldn’t understand the love you gave to them - but someday all will “get it” -- all “got it” now - they just don’t know it

Exodus 12.1-13 - Long ago there was a lamb that saved some people and allowed them to be free -that lamb gave it’s life for them with it’s very blood

1 Corinthians 5.7-- a little later a lamb was sacrificed again for my sin - Jesus

Psalm 119.113-120- love God with all my heart

Prayer - Lord Jesus you heal - you save - you give your very life for me - all in mission - all in mission of love to this fallen world - How can I thank you - how can I sacrifice anything close to what you gave - I can’t - but I will give my life to you - I will give my work to you - lead me this day - I’ll look at your back and follow you into your kingdom - point the directions - tell me the actions I’m to take today and bathe me in your water of life that it may flow this day continually from my heart to the world you send me -- Let’s go! -- Amen

No comments: