Wednesday, March 16, 2005

March 13th Reflection

Sunday 3/13/2005

Matthew 14.22-36 - I like this one- how Jesus sends the disciples on - cares about them to tell them to go on ahead -I’ll catch up later- then he goes to the mountain to pray- where he could be alone- how nice it is to be alone and pray at times- to center and focus on God -- then how Peter takes the chance when Jesus is walking on water- at least he does it - he doesn’t lay back - he steps on out - into the water- takes that leap of faith- and when his faith is weak - Jesus pulls him up- how much I want Jesus to pull me up by the hand when my faith is weak - he does it all the time and that’s so nice- just how he cares and loves me- especially when my faith is weak

Leviticus 22-23 - Who are all these people with infected penises?- This is just too much! -- God -I just don’t get all these rules! -- some are way too specific and odd- I don’t get it! -- Now the next part I really like- all opportunities for us to get together and worship you - to praise you - to offer gifts to you - I like all that stuff!

Proverbs 31 - a woman who honors the LORD deserves to be praised. Show her respect-praise her in public for what she has done.

I have been anointed- given a special designation by God. God looks differently at me. He looks to my heart. I will perform the work God has called me to.

Change me Lord-from death to life- let me see your grace and respond in love and joy forever

I have been buried in my baptism- with all the water- completely immersed in it - Just like Jesus was buried-- but again just like Jesus - I am pulled out of that water to a new life - and raised! - I too may walk in newness of life by the glory of Jesus

John 11.1-45 - Jesus had just been threatened with death in Judea-- but knowing that Lazarus is dead-Jesus is willing to go back to raise Lazarus from death - Jesus will walk right back into danger to save Lazarus from death - Jesus is the resurrection and the life- I must believe in him- even though I will die - I will live - I will never die- because of Jesus -- Jesus talks to me for the sake of me- so that I may believe in him - Jesus has unbound me from the dead -just like Lazarus and let me go - I will praise God! - I believe!

Jeremiah 23.20-24 - God is near - not far away - he fills heaven and earth

Psalm 89.1-11 - I will sing of God’s love forever and proclaim his faithfulness to all

Prayer- Jesus on this day you rose from the dead- you gave me life - you gave me salvation - I will praise you in joy and thanksgiving-- I will reach out to your hand when my faith gets weak and I begin to sink back into those waters- I will reach out for your hand fully knowing that you save me from sin - that you will keep me from evil and show me the path to follow you -- you take me from death to life- you save me from my own rotten smell - my rotten smell and decay of sin - just like all those old laws in the OT - you direct me from decay to life - from drowning in my sin to walking on water with you- how can I not proclaim your love to the world and sing praises to you this day. You are God! -- Amen

No comments: