Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ocotber 23rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim till all the world adore his sacred name. O Lord, once lifted on the glorious tree, as thou hast promised, draw us all to thee. Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim till all the world adore his sacred name. ("Lift High the Cross" - Text:George W. Kitchin, 1827-1912; rev. Michael R. Newbolt, 1874-1956)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Thessalonians 2.1-16-But we proved to be gentle among you, as a nursing mother tenderly cares for her own children.
Isaiah 14-16-A throne will even be established in lovingkindness, and a judge will sit on it in faithfulness in the tent of David; moreover, he will seek justice and be prompt in righteousness.
Psalm 113-Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and forever.
1 Samuel 25.23-35-Please forgive the transgression of your maidservant...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Look up to Me on this cross. Out of deep Love, I gave My Life for your sin. I am gentle and loving and kind. Look up to Me on this cross and see Love.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I look up and see You on that cross.
I see You in glory. In victorious glory.
I see a Mother who has gathered her children together.
A Mother who gives herself in Love to her children.
I see a King who steps forward in Love to save his people.
I see gentleness and kindness and meekness and humility turned glorious.
I see You, Jesus. I see Love.
I see a judge on a throne. A judge who gives himself for the accused.
Forgive me my transgression.
You have shown me how to forgive. I am sent to forgive.
I forgive those who sin against me.
I go, lifting high Your cross.
I go, proclaiming Your Love.
I go, drawn to You.
I go in adoration of You.
I go...
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
"The Love of Christ proclaim" --- I go, lifting high the cross in all glory. I go now with You in my heart. I go stamped with the sign of the cross and proclaim Your Love to all the world. I go, till all the world adores Your sacred Name. ---Amen

No comments: