Friday, October 19, 2007

October 19th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
From sorrow, toil, and pain, and sin we shall be free; and perfect love and friendship reign through all eternity. ("Blest Be the Tie That Binds" - Text:John Fawcett, 1740-1817, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 19-And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sits on the throne saying, "Amen. Hallelujah!"
Isaiah 5-6-Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. He touched my mouth with it and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin if forgiven." Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Psalm 109.20-31-With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the LORD; and in the midst of many I will praise Him.
2 Timothy 2.14-26-Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, "The Lord knows those who are His," and , "Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I know what is Mine. I forgive sin. I call. I send. Now praise My Name and go!
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You bind us together as one.
You unite Your Church and breathe Life into her.
You forgive sin and use the Church day after day.
And we respond with praise and thanksgiving.
Amen, Hallelujah!
I will go for You. Send me!
In Your sending, I give thanks and praise.
You have selected me as unique.
You have gifted me and provide for all needs.
You empower me with Your Spirit.
You breathe Life into me for eternity.
I will go. Send me!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Get up and go! Send me in Your Name with Your Will. Send me filled with Your Spirit to do work for You. Send me, I pray. ---Amen

No comments: