Tuesday, October 30, 2007

October 30th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
"Take up your cross," the Savior said, "if you would my disciple be; forsake the past, and come this day, and humbly follow after me." ("Take Up Your Cross, the Savior Said" - Text:Charles W. Everest, 1814-1877, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Timothy 1-This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight, keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith.
Isaiah 31-33-The LORD is exalted, for He dwells on high; He has filled Zion with justice and righteousness. And He will be the stability of your times, a wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is his treasure.
Psalm 119.33-64-Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.
Daniel 5.1-12-Suddenly the fingers of a man's hand emerged and began writing opposite the lampstand on the plaster of the wall of the king's palace, and the king saw the back of the hand that did the writing.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
It's time to change. It's time to turn from sin, evil, and selfishness. It's time to have a relationship with Me and with others in My Love. Give up your life and follow me. The writing's on the wall.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You come to me in the morning before the break of dawn.
You open Your Word to me and teach me.
I listen to Your Word and seek Your ways.
You place the "writing on the wall."
You place Your Word within my heart.
You light up my darkness of sin.
I fall in repentance to Your Grace.

I seek Your will and Your way.
I stand firm in faith through Your strength and power.
I become determined to go out in Your Love.
I respond in joy to take up the cross.
I respond knowing that pain and rejection are reality.
I turn to You for stability, wisdom, strength, knowledge and salvation.
I walk Your path and delight in each step.

You are my God and Savior.
You are my reason for being.
You are high and exalted.
You are the source of all wisdom.
I praise You in the morning.
I praise You in the day.
I praise You in the evening, now and forever!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I see Your hand writing Your Word on the walls of my heart this day. I hear Your voice calling me to leave it all behind and follow You in the path of the cross. I go in wondrous joy to follow You in Your Kingdom. I hear Your call. I hear Your knock at the door. It's time to go with You this day. ---Amen

No comments: