Monday, October 29, 2007

October 29th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
And when from death I'm free, I'll sing on, I'll sing on; and when from death I'm free, I'll sing on; and when from death I'm free, I'll sing God's love for me, and through eternity I'll sing on, I'll sing on; and through eternity I'll sing on. ("What Wondrous Love Is This" - Text: North American folk hymn, 19th cent,. alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
2 Thessalonians 3-May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ.
Isaiah 29-30-For thus the LORD GOD, the Holy One of Israel has said, "In repentance and rest you will be saved, in quietness and trust is your strength."
Psalm 119.1-32-I shall run the way of Your commandments, for You will enlarge my heart.
1 Samuel 2.1-10-There is no one holy like the LORD, indeed, these is no one besides You, nor is there any rock like our God.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am the Rock of your salvation. I have rescued you from death. I will be your firm foundation. Sing praises to Me through eternity.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You have saved me from death and given me life.
Free, I now respond and sing for joy.
I sing praises to You, my Lord and Savior.
You direct my heart in love to You.
You change me in love towards others.
You give me a heart of compassion that grows.
In repentance comes quietness and strength in You.
I turn my ear towards Your Word and listen carefully.
I seek to follow Your commands and to follow Your ways.
There is no one besides You, my Savior, my Rock, my Life, my Foundation.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You show compassion and love. Enlarge my heart this day to show Your Love and Compassion to those you give to me this day. Help me to hear and receive other children as they are where they are and deal with them in the same grace You have dealt with me. Whisper Your Word of guidance into my ear throughout this day. ---Amen

No comments: