Monday, October 22, 2007

October 22nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
I will hold the Christ-light for you in the night-time of your fear; I will hold my hand out to you, speak the peace you long to hear. ("Will You Let Me Be Your Servant" - Text:Richard Gillard, b. 1953)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Thessalonians 1-For the word of the Lord has sounded forth from you...
Isaiah 11-13-"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation." Therefore you will joyously draw water from the springs of salvation.
Psalm 112-Praise the LORD!
1 Samuel 25.2-22-Have a long life, peace be to you, and peace be to your house, and peace be to all that you have.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am your Light. I am your salvation. Point all to me.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I go to the water at the spring of salvation.
I come to the fount sinful and broken.
You cleanse me with the water and name me.
You call me and gift me with Spirit.
I leave that fount refreshed and new.
I go into the world serving You.

You send me out with Your Word.
You send me to point to Your Light.
You place that Light within my heart.
I use Your Light to help those in need.
I use Your Spirit to heal the broken.
Through You I have trust and faith.

All glory to the Father, Son and Spirit.
All praise to God for eternity.
You are my Love and Salvation.
Your Word sounds forth through all time.
You are the creator of Life.
You sustain all from day to day.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, each day You refresh me and forgive my sin. You place Your Word in my heart. Send me out to help all in need. Use Your Word through me to Your pleasure. You are my God. You are my King. You are my Savior. I point all to You. ---Amen

No comments: