Thursday, October 25, 2007

October 25th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christ is the king! O friends, rejoice; brothers and sisters, with one voice let the world know he is your choice. Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia! ("Christ Is the King!" - Text:George K.A. Bell, 1883-1958, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Thessalonians 4-For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.
Isaiah 20-22-But the LORD of hosts revealed Himself to me...
Psalm 115-But as for us, we will bless the LORD from this time forth and forever. Praise the LORD!
2 Timothy 3.1-9-But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Realize that you will have difficult times. But realize also that I am with you. I come to you and gather you together in love. I reveal Myself to you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
You tell me that I will have difficult times.
But even in the difficult times, I see You are present with me.
In these times You gather me in with others.
You gather us together in compassion, caring and love.
You give Yourself to me in my pain.
You show me the pain You endured for the salvation of all.
I see Your act of Love and respond with acts of love.
In my pain my focus changes from inward to outward.
Then I see how You have healed me from the inside out.
You come into me and heal me and bring me out of myself.
Bring me out of my selfish sinful pain.
Bring me out and gather me together with others.
Together we praise Your name.
With a shout and the sound of the trumpet we see Your glory.
Healed with Your Love from the inside out; we praise Your Name.
Glory be to God in the highest!
Glory be to God in the midst of pain!
Glory be to God in the inside out healing!
Glory be to God in all His Church!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I give You thanks for Your intimate presence in my life. I give You thanks for healing from the inside out. I give You thanks for bringing me out of my selfish sin to outward service and joy in You in Your Kingdom. I give You thanks for calling me before this world was created and choosing a special purpose for me. I give You thanks! ---Amen

No comments: