Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October 16th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Where true charity and love abide, God is dwelling there. All surrounded by the blest saints, we shall see you face to face in glory and light, O Christ Jesus. With holy joy far beyond thought we shall be full, from age to age, world without end, forevermore. Where true charity and love abide, God is dwelling there. ("Where True Charity and Love Abide" - Text:Latin, 8th cent; tr. composite)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 16-Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl upon the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple from the throne, saying, "It is done."
Esther 9-10-So these days were to be remembered and celebrated throughout every generation, every family, every province and every city...
Psalm 107.23-43-Let them give thanks to the LORD for His lovingkindness, and for His wonders to the sons of men!
2 Kings 5.19b-27-Did not my heart go with you...?
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I will prepare you for that last day...but for now...I have work for you to do.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I trust in Your preparation.
I depend on Your training and teaching.
Lead me and guide me to that day when "It is done!"
But for now, I listen.
I listen and follow Your Voice.
I seek Your will and Your way.
I obey Your call.
Fill me with Your Spirit.
Send me in joy.
Where charity and love abide, I will find You.
Send me out to give charity and love.
Send me out to serve.
Use me to do Your will.
Send me forth surrounded by Your saints.
I see all the work You have done.
I celebrate Your victories of the past.
I work in Your Kingdom of the present.
I hope for the Kingdom of the future.
I give thanks for all Your works.
I give thanks for all Your blessings.
May Your heart be within me, now and always.
I go in Your Love.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You let me peek at eternity. You show me majestic and awesome wonders. It's all beyond my imagination. I know all this is true. I place my hope in You. Send me today to be a piece of Your eternity. Send me today in charity and love. Send me with Your heart today. ---Amen

No comments: