Thursday, October 11, 2007

October 11th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Beloved, God's chosen, put on as a garment compassion, forgiveness, and goodness of heart. Above all, before all, let love by your raiment that binds into one every dissonant part. ("Beloved, God's Chosen" - Text:Susan Palo Cherwien, b. 1953)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 11-We give You thanks, O Lord God, the Almighty, who are and who were, because You have taken Your great power and have begun to reign.
Esther 1-Now it took place in the says of Ahasuerus...
Psalm 105.1-25-Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; speak of all His wonders.
2 Timothy 1.13-18-Retain the standard sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Your life is a story. Am I at the center of that story?
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I live my life for You, Lord.
You have gifted me with life.
You have blessed me with Your Presence.
You have given me Your Life.
Now I live my life for You.
You create a story in my life.
In that story I sing Your praises.
In that story I go on with You by my side.
In the story of my life, You reign eternal.
You are the center of my life.
You are my purpose for being.
In my story give me Your compassion, love and forgiveness.
In this story lead me to You.
I live this life, this story, for You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Today, Lord, I live for You. Today, yesterday and tomorrow, I live for You. Lead me and guide me throughout life. You are my joy. Make me into Your joy. ---Amen

No comments: