Saturday, October 13, 2007

October 13th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
In Christ there is no east or west, in him no south or north, but one community of love throughout the whole wide earth. ("In Christ There Is No East or West" - Text:John Oxenham, 1852-1941, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 13-If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.
Esther 3-4-Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, "Go, assemble all the Jews who are found in Susa, and fast for me; do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maidens also will fast in the same way. And thus I will go in to the king, which is not according to the law; and if I perish, I perish."
Psalm 106.1-23-How blessed are those who keep justice, who practice righteousness at all times!
Psalm 111-He has sent redemption to His people; He has ordained His covenant forever; Holy and awesome is His name.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Remember My salvation. Don't be afraid to take a stand in My Name. You are Mine and I have saved you.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I rest in the assurance of Your Glory.
I rest in the assurance of Your saving grace.
I can take a stand in Your Name for You are with me.
You have permitted me to follow You and walk in Your way.
Lead me and guide me.
Show me when to speak and when to remain quiet.
Tell me when to take a stand and when to walk away.
I look to You, Lord, for guidance.
I take my stand with You as You stand with me.
If I perish, I perish, but I know You have saved me.
I know that all is of Your glory and not about mine.
In You there is not east or west, no north or south.
You are eternal and infinite.
And in You I unite with all the saints in a bond of Your Love.
I rest in the assurance of Your Glory.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord God, show me when to take a stand and when to be firm. Lead and guide my steps this day. You are my Savior. You are my God. You are my Love. ---Amen

No comments: