Wednesday, October 10, 2007

October 10th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Round each habitation hovering, see the cloud and fire appear for a glory and a covering showing that the Lord is near. Thus deriving from their banner light by night and shade by day, safe they feed upon the manna which God gives them on their way. ("Glorious Things of You Are Spoken" - Text:John Newton, 1725-1807, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 10-I took the little book out of the angel's hand and ate it...
Nehemiah 13-On that day they read aloud from the book of Moses in the hearing of the people...
Psalm 104.24-35-Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; as for me, I shall be glad in the LORD.
Mark 11.12-14, 20-24-And Jesus answered saying to them, "Have faith in God."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
Take my Word into yourself. Meditate on my Word. Have faith. There is life in the Manna from heaven, My Word made flesh.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I turn to You each day.
I open Your Word and listen.
I open Your Word and meditate.
I open Your Word and pray.
Feed me Your Manna of Life.
Feed me Your Word made flesh.
Build me to serve You in Your Kingdom.
Call me to service for You.
Send me to proclaim Your Word.
I go in joy, now and always.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Each day You feed me the Manna of Life. Each day You nourish me with Your Word. Speak to me. I am listening. Call me and send me overfilled in Your Love. May my feet move for You. May my actions be Your desire. ---Amen

No comments: