Sunday, October 07, 2007

October 7th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
For now we peer at darkened glass; our visions end; our tongues all cease. In part we know, in part now see: then we will see love face to face. ("Although I Speak with Angel's Tongue" - Text: Andrew Donaldson, b. 1951)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 7-They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any hear; for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.
Nehemiah 9.38-10.39-Thus we will not neglect the house of our God.
Psalm 102-But You are the same, and Your years will not come to an end.
Luke 17.5-10-So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, "We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
One day you will see. I will give you understanding. I will wipe every tear away. Have faith and do what I guide you to do.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I see Your great Light shining through the trees.
I see Your Light on that other side.
I don't quite see it clearly but I know it is present.
The branches of the trees get in the way.
Some day I will behold Your Light clearly.
I'm not sure if I will be able to stand to see Your glory.
I know I've got to go through this forest of trees to You.
I know You will walk me through and be with me.
Lead and guide me in the darkness.
Lead and guide me through the brush.
Keep me in Your safety from vicious animals.
Never allow me to neglect You or Your presence in this temple.
I place my hope in Your presence on that other side.
I see of the hope in Your presence with me now.
As I walk with you through these trees, I will do the things You command.
I trust You to lead and guide me and teach me the way.
For You are the same and You are eternal.
Lord, I see Your great Light shining through the trees.
Lord, I see You by my side.
Lord, I see You.
Lord, You alone are my Vision.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, sometimes I think You are on the other side and I am all alone. Then I realize that You are by my side. With me in my pain. You take my pain, wiping my tears away. Yet I hear Your promise that every tear will be wiped away and know of the truth. I will follow Your command. I will follow Your voice. I am Your disciple. I will go in Your Love to those You give to me. Today and always. You are my Vision. You are my God! ---Amen

No comments: