Wednesday, October 03, 2007

October 3rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Our Father, by whose name all parenthood is know, in love divine you claim each family as your own. Bless mothers, fathers, guarding well, with constant love as sentinel, the homes in which your people dwell. ("Our Father, by Whose Name" - Text:F. Bland Tucker, 1895-1984, alt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 3-Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
Nehemiah 4-So we built the wall and the whole wall was joined together to half its height, for the people had a mind to work.
Psalm 98-O sing to the LORD a new song...
Matthew 19.16-22-Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I want you to show constant love to Me and to each other.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, You show constant love.
You show care and compassion.
You discipline when needed and correct my behavior.
You come to me and knock at the door of my heart.
You make Yourself available.
You seek relationship with me always.
I accept Your invitations.
I need Your company in my life.
I need You to be with me.

Guide me to be a faithful parent to my children.
Guide me to show care and compassion.
Lead me in the ways to discipline and correct.
Allow me to knock at the door and make myself available.
Bring me into relationship with others.
Permit me to show my children the relationship You have in store of them.
We all need to be in relationship with you and with each other.
Give us the mind, will and determination to work for You.
We need You to be with us.

Send us out, Lord into Your Kingdom.
Send us to have relationship with the poor.
Use our wealth to bless those in need.
Send us to heal the sick.
Send us to be compassionate to all in Your Kingdom.
Use us to bring peace.
Send us to feed the hungry.
Send us with a mind to work in Your Love.
Send us...
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I want to have a relationship with You, Lord. Please feel welcome to come into my heart. Please feel welcome to come into my home. Please feel welcome to dine with me. Restore me with Your Food of Life. Build my strength and faith that I may serve You in Your Kingdom. Show me the way to relationship with You and those You give to me. Lead me and guide me, I pray. ---Amen

No comments: