Monday, October 15, 2007

October 15th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Christ builds a house of living stones: we are his own habitation; he fills our hearts, his humble thrones, granting us life and salvation. Where two or three will seek his face, he in their midst will show his grace, blessing upon them bestowing. ("Built on a Rock" - Text: Nikolai F. S. Grundtvig, 1783-1872; tr. Carl Doving, 1867-1937, adapt.)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
Revelation 15-Great and marvelous are Your works, O Lord God, the Almighty...
Esther 6.14-8.17-In each and every province and in each and every city, wherever the king's commandment and his decree arrived, there was gladness and joy for the Jews, a feast and a holiday.
Psalm 107.1-22-He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death and broke their bands apart.
2 Kings 5.15-19a-Behold now, I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel...
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
I am your God and You are the temple I have chosen to build. Unite together in My will and My way.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I praise You and all You have done throughout all ages.
You bring together the broken people in sin.
You build Your temple person by person.
United together You create the Church.
You fill this Church with Your Spirit.
You give each a calling.
You send us out into the world and continue to build the Temple.
Great and marvelous are Your works.
In joy and gladness we come together as Your Temple to do Your will.
Out of this rubble of fallen stone, You take away the shadow of death.
You resurrect the ruins into Your Temple.
Now I know that You are God.
We are Your Temple; we are Your Church.
Now and forever.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I come to You broken and in ruin. You pick me up, dust me off, repair me and use me as a part of Your Church. You put me with others and call me and send us out together to do Your will. Send me today. Lead and guide my steps. In Jesus, name. ---Amen

No comments: